Congratulations to all the elected officers for the 2016-2017 year!
If you are interested in becoming an Accounting Officer (President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary) please download the application form below.
Please note that candidates for office must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50, must have a current membership with the IUSB Accounting Association while running for office, and must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours per semester unless graduating in December.
Once selected, the officers shall take office May of the current year to May of the following year or until they are unable to perform their duties. Officers graduating in December must fulfill their duties until the end of their one year term.
Officers will provide a brief speech at the end of the year Banquet followed by an election.
- Nelson Mlotshwa - Advisor
- Jared Campbell - President
- Shanshan Gao - Vice President
- Kelsey Carmack - Treasurer
- Trent Cook - Secretary
General MembersAndrew Aguilar
- Socialize with peers and faculty at on and off campus events.
- Professional growth development through interaction at our meetings.
- Activity involvement outside the classroom is a plus for resumes.
- Network with people from various industries before the need to get a job.
- Get the necessary exposure for an internship, part-time, or full-time job.
- Learn more about the business community through our speakers.
- Leadership opportunities by becoming an Accounting Association officer.
- Scholarship opportunities for undergraduate students in business.
- Extra credit for attending our meetings is given by most professors.
- Opportunity to become familiar with the recruiting process.
- Learn more about the CPA,CMA,CIA etc. exams and review courses.
How To Become a Member
The Membership Application is printer friendly. Please click on the above links to print the forms out. Print out the form, fill it out and write a check for $15.00 payable to IU South Bend Accounting Association, and then give both to either Prof. Nelson or an officer.