How to Apply - First Year Students
Our application process is simple, straightforward, and convenient—and we can help you every step of the way. If you have any questions during the process, please feel to call our office at (574) 520-4839.
- Easiest Way? The Online Application, linked to the right. Paper available by calling 574-520-4839.
- Non-refundable fee: $35. A fee waiver is available to eligible students; for details, please contact us.
- If have you applied to IU South Bend previously or are a returning student, please contact Admissions before you continue. You may not be required to do a new application or pay the $35 non-refundable application fee.
- Priority Application Dates for Fall Semester: August 1 and and spring semester by December 15. Applications received after these dates may be deferred to the following semester.
Step 2: Submit Your Credentials
- Official transcripts (high school transcript /GED/high school equivalency diploma and exam scores, and any college transcripts) should be sent to the Office of Admissions directly from your high school. These can be mailed to:
IU South Bend Office of Admissions
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
PO Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634
- Current high school students must also submit a completed Counselor Recommendation Form.
Step 3: Submit Your SAT or ACT Scores
- You must request that the testing agency submit your SAT and/or ACT test results directly to IU South Bend.
- SAT code: 1339; ACT code:1225.
- If you are over the age of 21 or have more than 12 transferable college credit hours, test scores are not required.
Step 4: Receive Notice of Admission Decision
- Most students will be notified about an admission decision by mail within two weeks of IU South Bend receiving a completed application and all supporting documents.