Take College Classes While You're Still in High School

Advanced College Project (ACP): College-level Classes offered at Your High School 

To learn more about how you can receive college-level instruction and college credit for course work offered at your high school, please consult with your high school guidance counselor. There is a special process for enrolling in ACP classes which is separate from the Dual Enrollment application process.

For more information about IU's ACP programs, please see the following link: ACP Indiana University.

Dual Enrollment: College Classes offered on the IU SOUTH BEND Campus

Rising seniors are eligible for dual enrollment; sophomores and juniors will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Talk to your high school guidance counselor to find out how university courses fit into your high school schedule and college planning. To consider you for dual enrollment as a high school student, we will need:
  1. Application for Admission with $35 application fee
  2. Official high school transcript showing at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
  3. High school counselor recommendation
  4. SAT / ACT scores or take the IU South Bend placement exams

After you have been offered admission, schedule an advising appointment with an admissions counselor by calling 574-520-4839.

Additional online resources to help you discover all IU South Bend offers can be found here.

Students applying for dual enrollment admission should submit materials prior to the application deadline. Applications received after the date will be processed on an individual basis but may be deferred to the following semester.

Application Deadlines

Fall Semester May 1

Spring Semester November 1

Summer I & Summer II Sessions April 1