Transferring to IU South Bend
Our application process is simple, straightforward, and convenient—and we can help you every step of the way. If you would like to meet with a Transfer Student Admissions Counselor before you apply, or if you have any questions during the process, please call our office at (574) 520-4839 or write to us at email@example.com.
To learn more about how your course work or exam results will transfer to IU South Bend and meet degree requirements, please review our transfer credit guidelines and equivalency charts, linked here.
How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Step 1: Complete the Application for Admission & Pay the Application Fee
- Easiest way? Complete our Online Application, linked to the right. Paper available by calling 574-520-4839.
- Non-refundable application fee: $35. A fee waiver is available to eligible students; for details about the waiver, please call us.
- If have you applied to IU South Bend previously or are a returning student, please contact Admissions before you continue. You may not be required to do a new application or pay the $35 non-refundable application fee
- Priority application dates: Fall-August 15; Spring-December 15.
Step 2: Submit Your Credentials
- Official transcripts from all of the colleges at which you have attempted course work should be sent to the Office of Admissions directly. You may be required to submit your high school transcript, as well. These can be mailed to:
IU South Bend Office of Admissions
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
PO Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634
If you are over the age of 21 or have more than 12 transferable college credit hours, test scores are not required.
Step 3: Receive Notice of Admission Decision
- Most students will be notified by mail about their admission decision within two weeks of receiving a completed application and all of the supporting documents.
For questions about this process, please contact the Office of Admissions directly.