Transferring to IU South Bend
Our application process is simple, straightforward, and convenient—and we can help you every step of the way.
Meet with a Transfer Student Admission Counselor
If you would like to meet with a Transfer Student Admission Counselor before you apply, or if you have any questions during the process, please call our office at (574) 520-4839 or write to us at email@example.com.
Find out More about How Credit will Transfer to Meet
Your Degree Requirements
To learn more about how your course work or exam results will transfer to IU South Bend and meet degree requirements, please review our guidelines, linked here.
Transferring Back to IU South Bend or From Another IU Campus?
You'll find more information here about the returning student process. Please call or write to us if you are uncertain whether you will be considered a returning student. You may not need to submit a new application and fee.
How to Apply as a Transfer Student
Step 1: Complete the Application for Admission & Pay the Application Fee
- Easiest way? Complete our Online Application, linked to the right. Paper available by calling 574-520-4839.
- Non-refundable application fee: $35. A fee waiver is available to eligible students; for details about the waiver, please call us.
- If have you applied to IU South Bend previously or are a returning student, please contact Admissions before you continue. You may not be required to do a new application or pay the $35 non-refundable application fee
- Priority application dates for transfer students: Fall-August 15; Spring-December 15.
Step 2: Submit Your Credentials
- Official transcripts from all of the colleges at which you have attempted course work should be sent to the Office of Admissions directly. You may be required to submit your high school transcript, as well. These can be mailed to:
IU South Bend Office of Admissions
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
PO Box 7111
South Bend, IN 46634
If you are over the age of 21 or have more than 12 transferable college credit hours, test scores are not required.
- Academic credentials outside of the United States must be accompanied with an Affidavit for Academic Credentials
Step 3: Receive Notice of Admission Decision
- Most students will be notified by mail about their admission decision within two weeks of receiving a completed application and all of the supporting documents.
For questions about this process, please contact the Office of Admissions directly.