Start planning now to attend IU South Bend
College may seem a long way off, but the truth is, even if you are a freshman in high school, it will be here before you know it. It’s never too early to start thinking about your future. We hope your plans include attending IU South Bend.
If you’re considering IU South Bend, we encourage you to start early:
- Enroll in a college preparatory course at your high school to prepare you for the academic rigor of college.
- Explore the degree programs offered at IU South Bend and look through the sample degree plans for programs of interest to you.
- Plan a campus visit or a Showcase Day to get a better feel for the campus.
- Consider dual enrollment anytime after your sophomore year of high school.
- Take the SAT/ACT during your junior year and request your scores be sent to IU South Bend using our school code.
- SAT: 1339
- ACT: 1225
- Talk with an IU South Bend admissions counselor to make sure you are on track.
- Apply online after completing your junior year.
- Talk with your guidance counselor about sending a counselor recommendation and an official transcript to IU South Bend.
- Explore scholarships offered outside the university.
- Submit your FAFSA application on www.fafsa.gov as soon as possible after January 1 of your senior year and send your FAFSA information to IU South Bend using school code 001816
When it’s time to enroll in college, you have a lot of choices. Here are a few of the many reasons students choose IU South Bend for their college years:• We offer the extensive resources, expansive library and opportunities of a state university, but our class sizes are small enough to guarantee you receive individual attention from your professors. In 2008, the average student to professor ratio in our classes was 15 to 1.
• We’re part of the Indiana University system, which means you can take advantage of affordable state-school tuition.
• You’ll have lots of opportunites to get involved organizations, sports and professional associations. You won’t be lost in the crowd.
• We offer more than 100 undergraduate majors — there’s bound to be one that’s right for you.
• Over 95% of our student are eligible for financial aid, including grants, loans & scholarships. We work with you to make your education affordable.
• Our campus includes 80 beautiful acres nestled along the picturesque St. Joseph River. It’s a university you can be proud to attend, but don’t take our word for it. Come see for yourself by planning a visit today.
Ready to apply? Get Started Now!