housing students

Thinking about Transferring to IU South Bend?

Institutional Accreditation and Recognition
Learn from which institutions and agencies IU South Bend can transfer credit.

Advanced Standing as a High School Student or Credit by Examination
Find out how to to ensure that the college credit you earned in high school
or through standard exams, such as the IB or AP exams, are credited toward your degree.

IU South Bend Credit Transfer Service
With the search engine linked above, you can learn how the course work you have already taken will transfer to IU South Bend.

General Education Requirements and Exemptions
All students are required to complete General Education requirements. However, as a transfer student you may be exempt from certain General Education requirements. 

Indiana State Core Transfer Library
To enable you to transfer college credits, Indiana has developed the Core Transfer Library (CTL) – a list of courses that will transfer among all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate grades.

4-Year Degree Maps
Our 4-Year Degree maps will help you understand how the credit you have already earned will meet your degree requirements at IU South Bend.

Transfer Pathways
Transfer pathways help you understand how you can best plan for a transfer from your present institution to IU South Bend. 

Military Service

Your military training may equate to academic credit at Indiana University South Bend. If you are using VA education benefits, you are required to provide copies of your military transcripts and your DD Form 214 discharge documents to the Office of Admissions. 
To access your military transcripts, please refer to the following resources:
Joint Services Transcript (JST): Army, Navy, Marine Transcript
Community College of the Air Force Transcript Request Forms (CCAF)

To access your DD Form 214, please refer to the following resource:
National Archives for Veterans Service Records

Special Circumstances

Returning to IU South Bend after Studying at Another Institution
Students who are transferring back to IU South Bend after having once studied at IU South Bend should re-enter with the returning student process, rather than a new application.

Transferring from Another IU Campus
Students who formerly attended another IU campus and would like to study at IU South Bend should complete the Intercampus Transfer process.

Next Steps

Are you ready to meet with a Transfer Student Admissions Counselor?

Are you ready to apply as a Transfer Student?

Have you been admitted to IU South Bend as a Transfer Student?