Commencement will be held at the Joyce Center on the campus of Notre Dame beginning at 6:00 pm
Steps to Graduation
1. Verify you are eligible to graduate with the recorder at your school or division, i.e. Education, immediately.
2. Oder your cap and gown ONLINE ONLY. Under any circumstances you may not use a prior cap and gown. All graduates will need to order their cap and gown at www.herffjones.com/college/IU with a credit card before March 14th to avoid $75.00 late fees. Click here for pricing information. Scroll down and click South Bend. You will receive an email confirmation, which you need to bring to pickup your order starting April 28th at the Bookstore. You can also order announcements and rings on the same website.
3. Check Walk List. After you order your cap and gown please verify your name is on the list. The list has been updated since March 6th at 4:30 pm, and will be updated again on March 10th before 5:00 pm. If your name appears highlighted in red, please contact your school because the registrar doesn't have you listed as graduating.
4. If your name is hard to pronounce please call Randy Colborn at 574-520-4545 and leave a message as to how to pronounce your name.
5. Arrive at the Joyce Center Field House by 5:15 pm on May 13th. Enter at Gate 10, and be sure to carry only your cap and gown inside. We cannot be responsible for personal items left in the Field House while you are in the ceremony.
- Park in South Lot
- Enter Gate 10
- Report by 5:15 pm to the Fieldhouse
- Return your Regalia after the ceremony at table in middle of Fieldhouse
If you have any further questions please call the Alumni office at 574-520-4381