Minutes | 11-09-2007
Present: Linda Fisher, Cheri Brown, Mike Darnell, Barbara Peat, Linda Fritschner ex officio
- Third Year Reviews
- Linda encouraged the Committee to volunteer and meet with third year review programs. Rhonda will send another e-mail.
- Barbara recommended a new assessment website developed by the APA, Rhonda will send the link to committee members, third year programs, and post a link under resources in the assessment website.
- Two HLC members will meet with Cheri, Linda, Pat, Barbara Peat, Linda Fritschner and Rhonda 4-5 on Monday November 12th.
- Linda would like to schedule a debriefing the week of November 26th Rhonda will send an e-mail.
- Spring Workshop | Those present decided to send an invitation to Doug Davenport to present a Spring workshop on: Using Institutional Data for Program Effectiveness and Assessment in the Classroom.
- Assessment Institute | Participants returned excited about the sessions they attended. Barbara was especially interested in a session on academic advising, led by Charlie Nutt. Those present agreed that he should be considered for a workshop next fall. Barbara would also like someone to pursue an assessment grant on academic advising.
- Assessment Grants | No applications have been received for assessment grants this fall. The Committee agreed that we should return to having a deadline for submission to see if we could increase the number of applications.
Next Meeting: Week of November 26th
Submitted by Rhonda Culbertson