Barbara Walvoord's Basic, No-Frills Departmental Assessment Plan
1. Learning Goals
2. Two Assessment Measures
a. One direct measure
- Review of senior work by faculty teaching seniors
- If students take a licensure or certification exam, this will be added as a second direct measure
b. One indirect measure
- Senior student survey and/or focus group asking three question:
- How well did you achieve each of the following departmental learning goals[use scale such as "extremely well, not very well, not at all"]
- What aspects of your education in this department helped you with your learning, and why were they helpful?
- What might the department do differently that would help you learn more effectively, and why would these actions help?
- Second choice: Alumni survey
- In some fields, job placement rates will be important
3. Annual Meeting to discuss data and identify action items