The IU South Bend Bi-Weekly Staff Council is pleased to announce the “WOW” (Wonderful Outstanding Worker) Award. This award will be presented monthly to one bi-weekly employee for dedication and outstanding performance at IU South Bend.
Nominations are being accepted from all IU South Bend appointed employees at this time. Simply click on the WOW button above to send an email to nominate a bi-weekly employee. Please be sure to include your name, contact information, and an explanation of why you feel that person should be nominated. One winner will be announced monthly through the electronic bulletin board and the BWSC web site. Winners will also receive a Certificate of Excellence and the “WOW” (Wonderful Outstanding Worker) pin in recognition of their outstanding performance and lasting contribution.
WOW Award Winners:
- September 2013 - Maureen Green/Career Services
- September 2013 - Susan Jacobs/History & Philosophy
- August 2013 - Rosalee Hamlin/Student Services
- August 2013 - Margie Andert/Facilities Management
- May 2012 - Michelle Stoops/Dining Services
- May 2012 - Tony Vickrey/Support Services
- April 2012 - Christine Lass/Parking Services
- February 2012 - Jeanette Frick/Accounting Services
- January 2012 - Maxine "Doll" Smith/Facilities Management
- December 2011 - Rex Taylor/Facilities Management
- December 2011 - Diane Banic/Social Work
- November 2011 - Deanna DeBaets/Campus Police Department
- October 2011 - Tracy White/Business & Economics
- September 2011 - Peggy Geik/Education
- August 2011 - Summer Ditsch/Academic Affairs
- July 2011 - Margie Boudonck/Accounting Services.
- June 2011 - Sue Szczypka/Dental
- May 2011 - Pam Mendenhall/School of the Arts
- April 2011 - Tony Pearson/Facilities Management
- March 2011 - Sara Lowe/Public Affairs & University Advancement
- February 2011 - Kevin Jackson/Information Technology
- January 2011 - Sara Nunley/Education Student Services
- December 2010 - Brenda Buck/Facilities Management
- November 2010 - Christine Weingart/Admissions
- October 2010 - Laurie Riddle/Nursing
- September 2010 - Karla Forsythe/Business & Economics
- August 2010 - John Bright/Campus Police Department
- July 2010 - Doug Thompson/Custodial Services
- June 2010 - Corina Martin/Landscaping Maintenance
- May 2010 - Ed Garcia/Campus Police Department
- April 2010 - Helene Cooper/Parking Services
WOW Pin Rules:
- One winner per month.
- Only bi-weekly employees can win.
- Each month, the BWSC will review the nominees and choose a winner.
- Bi-weekly employees are eligible to win only once in a twelve-month period.
- All salary plans can nominate a bi-weekly staff employee.
- The “WOW” Award does not coincide with the “Unsung Hero” Award.
- All nominations must be made via the WOW link above.
- Once nominated, an individual will remain eligible for the WOW Award for a period of four (4) months. After (4) months, nominations will be removed from the ballot and can be resubmitted for future consideration.