Minor in Foundations of Education
The minor in Foundations of Education is offered through the School of Education. Students wishing to complete the minor must complete the Declaration of Minor form with the Director of Education Student Services.
The Minor in Foundations of Education may not be used by School of Education Elementary Education majors to fulfill the requirement for a concentration.
For information about the minor, contact Dr. Bruce Spitzer, Department Head, Secondary Education and Foundations of Education, at email@example.com, DW 2248.
For course enrollment and advising assistance, contact Education Student Services, Greenlawn Hall 120 or phone (574) 520-4845.
Requirements (18 cr.)
All courses are 3 credit hours, unless otherwise designated
- EDUC-F 201 Exploring the Personal Demands of Teaching: Laboratory Experience (2 cr.)
- EDUC-F 202 Exploring the Personal Demands of Teaching: Field Experience (1 cr.) 2, 3
- EDUC-H 340 Education and American Culture3
- EDUC-P 250 General Educational Psychology
- EDUC-W 200 Using Computers in Education1
- EDUC-W 310 Integrating Technology K-123, 4
Select one of the following:
- EDUC-M 311 Methodology for Kindergarten/Elementary Teachers3, 5
- EDUC-M 314 General Methods for Senior High-Junior High/Middle School Teachers3, 5
1. Requires the purchase of a current Apple laptop computer.
2. Includes a required 20-hour field experience in a local school setting of a diverse nature. Students are placed for the field experience; they do not secure their own placements.
3. EDUC-W 200 Using Computers in Education and EDUC-P 250 General Educational Psychology are prerequisites for this course.
4. Taken concurrently with either EDUC-M 311 Methodology for Kindergarten/Elementary Teachers or EDUC-M 314 General Methods for Senior High/Junior High/Middle School Teachers.
5. Taken concurrently with EDUC-W 310 Integrating Technology K-12.