NEW! Michiana Economic Development Merit Award
This scholarship is designed to help develop a more educated workforce in the Metropolitan Statistical Area known as Michiana, which is defined by the St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce as “counties that include Elkhart, La Porte, Marshall, St. Joseph and Starke in Indiana, and Berrien and Cass in Michigan.”
For graduate students, the scholarship allows for a limited number of qualified out-of-state students to receive an award of $300 per credit hour, with a maximum of 45 credit hours per student. The criteria is:
- Must be a legal U.S. citizen, but not a resident of Indiana.
- Full or part-time enrollment, with no break in enrollment (excluding summer terms).
- Must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must be admitted to a graduate program at the time the award is given.
- Must maintain a 3.0 or higher graduate GPA.
- Must maintain continuous enrollment for the fall and spring semesters.
For more information contact the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships, at (574) 520-4357.
To apply, please visit the IU South Bend Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships homepage at https://www.iusb.edu/scholarships/. While at the homepage, you can find a link for the Online Scholarship Application, which enables students to be considered for over 200 scholarship opportunities! Also provided is a link to a list of other outside scholarships available to students.