Whether you call it an internship, experiential learning or volunteerism, it is important for you to get real world experience before you leave college.
Benefits of an Internship
Internships provide an opportunity to:
- Explore a potential career field
- Develop career related skills and abilities
- Expand existing knowledge
- Integrate classroom theory with real-life experiences
- Experience professional level challenges
- Improve your marketability upon graduation
Make an appointment with a Career Counselor in our office to find out more about organizations and internship opportunities. The counselor can also work with you if a particular organization does not have an official internship program but you would like to intern with them.