State Representative, District 6
The Indiana University Board of Trustees formally authorized the establishment of Regional Campus Advisory Boards at its January 21, 1972 meeting. The IU South Bend Advisory Board exists to:
- Assist the Chancellor in responding effectively to the educational needs of the region.
- Provide guidance, pursue topics of interest, and make recommendations on various policy, program, and strategic decisions.
- Offer a broad view of the external environment in which the University must thrive.
- Advocate for the University to key constituencies.
- Provide advice to the Chancellor on various other matters as requested.
- Actively participate in on-campus and off-campus activities and tasks as requested, to help achieve the university’s strategic mission.
- Assist the Chancellor in public and private fundraising and endowment building efforts.
Megan Deputy Baughman
Elkhart Community Leader
IU Alumni Association South Bend Region President
Emeritus Professor of Education
Executive Director, CDFI Friendly South Bend
President & CEO, Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.
Superintendent, South Bend Community School Corporation
Managing Partner, Crowe Horwath
President and CEO, Indiana Trust Wealth Management
Chief Executive Officer, Boys & Girls Clubs of St. Joseph County
Juan D. Constantino Lara
Executive Director, La Casa de Amistad
Liegl Family Foundation
State Senator, District 9
Mayor of South Bend
Chamber of Commerce of St. Joseph County
President, Elkhart General Hospital
Mayor of Elkhart
The Summers Group, LLC
Maria Conchita Villa
South Bend Common Council
Mayor of Mishawaka