Chancellor’s 2020 Learning Group
To provide additional feedback to the Chancellor regarding various transition matters and priorities in addition to, but not in place of, the regular mechanisms of governance and leadership consultations. The group will act as an additional sounding board for reflecting the Chancellor’s observations about the strengths, challenges and opportunities the campus faces, as well as initial priorities, goals and strategic directions. The group will also be asked the following questions: What has been going well? What should I be paying attention to? How do things get done around here? How would you like them to get done? The group will be active during the 2019-2020 academic year only.
Meetings will be informal with a topical agenda, but no formal meeting procedures, decisions made or minutes taken. Meetings will be scheduled on an ad hoc basis with the goal of meeting at least 3 times. The group is advisory only. Regular administrative and governance structures will be used for decision-making. Meetings will be scheduled by the Chancellor’s Office and convened by the Chancellor.
The composition of the transition team will be comprised of people who are not part of governance or leadership groups that the Chancellor meets with regularly (except for the IUSB Advisory Board representative) in order to bring new voices to the table for providing a fresh perspective. They may be part of other governance groups; however, those groups do not meet regularly with the Chancellor.
Members of this group
- Cathy Behan – graduate student
- Brenda Buck – staff, facilities
- Hope Davis – dean and member of Chancellor’s search committee
- Mike Harley - advisor/staff in Education
- Araceli Lepe-Moreno - staff, director of Student Conduct
- Jorge Muniz - faculty and chair, Music
- Kwadwo Okrah - faculty, Education
- Kyle Paulk - staff, UITS
- Estaban Perez – undergraduate, honors student
- Kristin Quimby - Lecturer, Dentistry
- Shahir Rizk - faculty, Biochemistry
- Elaine Roth – faculty and member of Campus Directions Committee
- Justin Tapp – staff, disability services
- Susan Thomas – faculty, library and member of Chancellor’s search committee
- Lory Timmer – alumni association
- Jay Vander Veen - faculty, Anthropology
- Karen White – advisory board
- Haiyan Yin - faculty, Business, FACET award winner
- Nanci Yokum – emeritus faculty