Skip to main site navigation
Skip to main content
Switch to text-only view
Switch to default view
Child Development

 Registration is open to students and alumni, IU South Bend faculty and staff, and members of the community.  To enroll your child in our program stop by the Child Development Center located in the Administrative Building, Room UD 120. 

Our registration is structured around the university’s semester schedule though registration can take place at any time throughout the year as long as there is availability. 

For the summer and fall semesters registration is scheduled sometime in April.  For the spring semester we hold registration in November.

Current families, however, have priority and are given a week to reenroll for the next semester before we open it to new families.  This helps them keep continuity of care for their child.  If there is no availability you can ask to be placed on our waiting list.  We maintain it throughout the semester to fill any spot that may become available. 

Give us a call at (574)520-4485 or watch for our posting for the specific registration dates. 


Toddlers who are 12 months old, can walk independently and can drink from a “sippy cup”.

Children between toddler and 5 years of age

A minimum of two days per week is required.

For a student rate, you must be currently registered for a minimum of 3 credit hours at IU South Bend.

During summer, children from 6 through 9 years of age

Information to Bring for Registration

Birth certificate for each child registered

Insurance information

Doctor’s name and number

Dentist’s name and number

Hospital preference

Physical exam and medication order form before admission (Must be done on our forms)

Up-to-date shot records (on our form)

Current family phone numbers, including work, home, and any cell phones

Names and numbers of people who can pick up your child

Parents who are students must bring a copy of their schedule for each semester enrolled in order to receive the student discount.

If you have qualified for federal assistance and have a case number, please bring it with you.

Parent’s university identification number