SCHOLARSHIP AND AWARD OPPORTUNITIES
Computer Science and Informatics Excellence Award
Every year the computer and information sciences faculty has the pleasure of selecting the excellence award winners in our programs. The criteria for selection of award winners is primarily based on academic achievement, however, it is not the only criteria. Our award winners are typically students with junior or senior standing with excellent computer science, informatics, as well as overall academic achievements. During their studies at IU South Bend, much has been expected of these students, and they have been consistent in their efforts to excel.
The computer and informaton sciences faculty congratulate these students and applaud their achievements.
John P. Russo and William J. Knight Computer Science ScholarshipsEvery year the Computer Science Awards Committee has the pleasure of selecting the John P. Russo and William J. Knight Scholarship recipients. The computer and information sciences faculty congratulate the scholarship recipients and applaud their achievements.
- Purpose: The John P. Russo Fund for Academic Excellence and William J. Knight Scholarship have been established to provide financial support to current undergraduate (B.S. in Computer Science and B.S. in Informatics) and graduate (M.S. in AMCS with Computer Science Concentration) students majoring in Computer and Information Sciences (COIS) at IU South Bend. The basis for these awards is demonstrated potential for academic excellence in COIS. The awardees will be selected annually by the COIS Awards Committee.
- Who can Apply: Current Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Deadline: March 15
- Scholarship Amount: Varies (typically $500 to $3,000)
- Application and detailed requirements
- List of Past Scholarship Winners
- Awards Ceremony: Awards are typically presented at the CLAS Honors Night during the academic year when the award funds are disbursed, which is held on the Thursday evening before graduation. In addition to the Award Certificate is typically provided by the Department and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, the scholarship recipients typically receive a cash award between $500 to $3,000.
Every year the Informatics Awards Committee has the pleasure of selecting the Informatics Scholarship recipients. The criteria for selection of the scholarship winners is primarily based on high school academic achievement. The Informatics faculty congratulate the scholarship recipients and applaud their achievements.
- Purpose: The Informatics scholarship has been established to provide high achieving incoming highschool students majoring in Informatics at IU South Bend with financial assistance in completing their degrees. The Scholarships will be awarded through the Informatics Committee.
- Who can Apply: High achieving high school students who are applying to the Informatics progam
- Deadline: Jan 15, 2016
- Scholarship Amount: A total value of $30,000 over four years (Award will cover the actual cost of tuition and fees up to $7,500 annually; renewable up to 4 years.)
- Applications and detailed requirements: Application
- List of Scholarship Winners
contact us page.