Personal Web Site
Follow these steps to set up your personal web site accessable from your Linux account.
1. Set the permissin of your home directory to world executable.
Enter: chmod o+x .
The first command moves you to the root of your home directory.
The second adds executable to the permission for others. Don't forget the period.
2. Add a directory to hold your web pages.
Enter: mkdir public_html
3. Set the permission of your web page directory to world executable.
Enter: chmod o+x public_html
4. Copy your web pages to your public_html directory.
If they are on a floppy disk you can use the mcopy command to copy them to Linux.
5. Your home page file must be named: index.html
6. All files in your public_html directory must be world readable.
First move to your public_html directory then
Enter: chmod o+r *
7. Test your new web site. First start firefox, then