Green Michiana Month
June is Green Michiana Month!
On April 22, 2014, thirteen area Mayors and City Leaders gathered at the Center for a Sustainable Future's annual Earth Day Reception to sign a proclamation declaring June as Green Michiana Month. It is a time to educate the public, community organizations, public officials, and civic leaders about the importance of sustainability in changing our world today.
Green Michiana Month encourages community awareness and participation in events and activities that promote sustainable practices and lifestyles.
Check out the following Green Michiana events for 2014:
- June 8 Bike the Bend
- June 8-14 Bike to Work Week
- June 14 Bike 31: One and Done (non-competitive 24 mile bicycle ride along new US 31 Highway. Free event, Bike Michiana Coalition asks for $10 donation day of ride)
- June 17 South Bend Green Drinks at Le Peep
- June 29 Paddlefest on St. Joseph River
- June 07 Caring for your Garden at Wellfield Botanic Gardens
- June 07 Looking Up An Under the Starts Party at Woodlawn Nature Center
- JUne 11 Elkhart Green Drinks
- June 14 Defries Gardens in the Garden Art Show
- June 17 Water Conservation Seminar at Wellfield
- June 21 The Wonders of Herbs at Wellfield Botanic Gardens
- June 24 Stories in the Garden
- June 26 GMO food in the market round table seminar
- Every Tuesday In June Coffee Grounds at Fernwood Botanical Garden
Michigan's Great Southwest Sustainable Business Forum
Wednesday June 4
The New Harbor Shores Inn
Benton Harbor, MI
Evan Smith from the City of Niles Dial a Ride will speak about transportation and Debra Panozoo a Mobility Consultant who will talk about how she helps improve transit in our region.
There will be a cost of $5 for for non-members. All people will pay for their lunches individually.
Please RSVP email@example.com so MGSSBF knows how many to expect.
For more information: mgssbf.org
10:30 AM - 3:00 PM
111 W Water St.
New Buffalo, MI 49117
8am to noon
St. Patrick's County Park: Brown Barn
South Bend’s Paddlefest is a canoe and kayak event held each year on the last Sunday in June. Paddlefest promotes family recreation on the river, canoe and kayak racing, and the health of Michiana’s greatest natural resource, the St. Joseph River. Events are geared for youth and recreational paddlers as well as serious racers.
Explore the website for more information, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.