Taking An Exam with DSS
DSS Testing Hours:
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
During finals week, exams can only be taken at 8am, 11:30am or 3pm Monday through Thursday.
Friday hours during finals week will remain 8am-5pm.
DSS may administer tests when requested to do so by the instructor and/or the student. You must be registered with DSS and be approved for accomodations. You may schedule your exam anytime during the semester, as long as you provide 3 business days notice. We encourage scheduling all exams and tests as soon as you know about them.
If DSS administers a test for you:
- It is your responsibility to notify DSS when you plan to take a test by submitting a request online.
- You must schedule at least 3 business days in advance. Please note: If you do not schedule at least 3 business days in advance, there is no guarantee our office will have your exam/quiz.
- You must finish testing by 5 p.m., excluding finals week.
- It is your responsibility every time to remind your instructor to send the test to DSS.
- Arrive on time. Arrivals after 15 minutes late are considered a "no show" and must reschedule.
- Take no personal items in the testing room with you, unless specified by the instructor.
- You will not be permitted to leave the testing room while still completing the test.
- If the DSS test proctor has reason to believe that a student is cheating on a test, the student will be permitted to take the entire test, however, the incident will be documented and the instructor notified.