"Quality Matters (QM) is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online and blended courses. QM is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its scalable, peer-based approach and continuous improvement in online education and student learning. (Learn more)"
Now Get Certified @ IU South Bend - Quality Matters
- Title: Applying the Quality Matters Rubric
- Description: The Applying the QM Rubric (APPQMR) workshop is QM's flagship workshop on the QM Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including but not limited to faculty, instructional designers, administrators, and adjunct instructors who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review. The APPQMR is the prerequisite for the Peer Reviewer Course, which is the required course to become a QM Peer Reviewer.
- Format: Face-to-face, 6 hours (9-4pm, 1hr lunch, min 6 participants, maximum 30)
2-Week Online option also available.
- Date: Once in the fall, once in the spring
- Location: TBA
- Who can attend: Open to IU South Bend Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- Cost: Free to IU South Bend Faculty, Staff, and Administrators
- To Register: Limited Seats! First Come First Serve! Email DEiusb@iusb.edu
- Conducted By: Amy Pawlosky, Center for Online Education, Certified QM APPQMR Face-to-Face Trainer
- More Info:https://www.qualitymatters.org/professional-development/courses/appqmr
Quality Matter Experts
- Amy Pawlosky, Center for Online Education, Online Education & Technology Specialist, is certified in the use of the QM Rubric, Peer Review and Facilitation of Face to Face Training for faculty interested in using the QM Rubric.
- Dennis Wolf, faculty in the Department of Mathematical Sciences, is certified in the Quality Matters program. He did a presentation in December and has graciously agreed to share his materials on Quality Matters, what it is, how it is administered and how we can apply it to our online courses.
- About Quality Matters - PowerPoint Presentation
- The Quality Matters Course Review Process - PowerPoint Presentation