Developing and Teaching a Distance Education Course
Suggestions for Distance Education Course Design
Challenges of Developing a Distance Education Course
Faculty Showcase : Discussion by Funded Faculty on DE Course Development and Teaching
- As part of DE Course Development Seminar, faculty members who have been funded previously to develop a DL course showcase how they integrated instructional technology tools and best practices with their course development and teaching
- Fall 2013
- Spring 2011
- Spring 2008
- (Click here) DE Mathematics Course Development Experience, Dennis Wolf, CLAS
Distance Teaching and Learning Conference Presentations
- Comprise of a series of videos, presented by faculty and staff, who attended the Distance Learning Conference in Madison, Wisconsin
- (Click here for video)** Engaging Students in Your Distance Learning Course, Glenda Davidson, Nursing.
- (Click here for video)** The Use of Mobile Technology, Denise Skarbek, SOEd.
- (Click here for video)** Education, Social Media & Multimedia, Dr. Marianne Castano-Bishop, CDE.
- (Click here for video)** Alternate Reality Games in Education, Amy Pawlosky, CDE.
Teaching with Technology Fair Discussions and Demonstrations
- These videos showcases how our faculty integrated instructional technology tools with course development and teaching
- Dr. Barb Bichelmeyer, Director of IU's Office of Online Education with IU South Bend faculty & staff: Jan. 17th 2013* and Jan. 18th 2013*
Thanks to our Instructional Media Services staff – Jim Yocom, Joel Langston and Joe Haase – for capturing most of the above videos.
* Video plays in a Web Browser that has Adobe Flash