Welcome to IU South Bend Center for Distance Education
- Jorge Muniz speaking about his use of the Apple TV and iPad Air in the classroom
- Henry Scott discussing how he uses the Sony a6000 digital video/still camera & Zoom H1 external audio recorder to bring the wonders of our national parks to his students, and
- Gary Browning brings samples of IU's wearable technology and demonstrates a few of the features.
You can view these presentations and get information about submitting a proposal at our SEED Grant page.
Haiyan Yin, Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics, International Business
Carmen Dielman, Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, Dental Education
Sandy Peek, Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, Dental Education
Kristyn Quimby, Vera Z. Dwyer College of Health Sciences, Dental Education
Edwin Joseph, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Sustainability Studies
Richard Seniff, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Criminal Justice
Qiang Xu, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Criminal Justice
Ni Chang, School of Education, Elementary Education
Julia Gressick, School of Education, Instructional Technology
Terry Shepherd, School of Education, Special Education
For a listing of the 144 courses that we have funded, Funded Courses.
STUDENTS PLEASE NOTE: We are currently not yet scheduling proctored exams for the School of Education Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA). We are hoping to be able to accommodate students’ requests by late February so please visit this site again for an update.
Students interested in taking placement exams for Math, English and World Languages, please go to https://www.iusb.edu/exams/index.php For more information, please contact the Gateway Information Center at https://www.iusb.edu/gateway/contactus.php or call (574) 520-4135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online Education Brings IU South Bend to You
Want to earn college credit toward a university degree but don’t have the time to attend classes on-campus? IU South Bend’s online education program was designed with you in mind. You can take courses online wherever you have a good Internet connection with your computer – at home, coffee shop, etc. Many of the courses needed to complete your undergraduate or graduate degree are available.
Courses Taught by IU South Bend Professors
As a student taking either a fully online or hybrid/blended (combination of online and on-campus classes) course, you get the same high quality education with courses designed and taught by the same professors who teach in our classrooms. You study at your own pace and convenience while meeting submission deadlines for your course requirements (such as assignments, projects, and exams) each semester. It’s an ideal situation for:
- Students who want an online course in addition to their campus-based classes
- Students with family and/or job responsibilities
- Adults returning to college
- High school students who want to take college courses
- For a current listing of our online courses, visit our "Online Courses".
- For our current online degree programs, visit our "Online Degrees".
- If you are a current or prospective student, visit our "For Students".
- If you are a faculty, staff, or administrator, visit our "For Faculty".
You can also find these hyperlinks on the left-side gray column above.
Thank you for visiting the IU South Bend Center for Distance Education (CDE) website. For inquiries, suggestions and comments, please contact any of the CDE staff listed in the "Contact Us" or email DEiusb@iusb.edu
Dr. Marianne Castano Bishop
Center for Distance Education
Testing and Proctoring Center