World Language Studies Placement Exam
Students who have previously studied French, German, Japanese or Spanish are encouraged to take the World Language Studies Placement Examination before enrolling in a language course at IUSB. The exam will place you into a course at the appropriate level and may be used to earn special credit. The placement exam fee is $13.80 and will be billed to your account.
- You must reserve a spot by sending an email to Prof. Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org with your Student ID #, the exam you wish to take and the date you wish to take it.
- You must reserve more than 24 hours in advance.
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before a scheduled start time.
- You must bring a picture ID
- The Spanish, French and German exams are now computer adaptive. The amount of time to complete the exam depends on your level. It will not take more than 60 minutes.
- Students taking the Japanese exam may take up to 2 hours.
- If you arrive after the scheduled start time you will NOT be permitted to take the exam at that time.
World Language Studies Placement Exam Dates
|Friday||June 17||4:30p||DW 1105|
|Friday||June 24||4:30p||DW 1105|
|Tuesday||June 28||6:00p||DW 1105|
|Wednesday||June 29||1:00p||DW 1105|
|Tuesday||July 5||4:00p||DW 1105|
|Wednesday||August 10||6:00p||DW 1105|
|Friday||August 12||11:00a||DW 1105|
The Spanish, French, and German exams are one hour long. Japanese exams may take up to 2 hours. All exams are administered in Wiekamp Hall (DW) 1105 (Language Resource Center) on the IU South Bend campus. Please arrive 5-10 minutes early, and you must bring a photo ID and a pen or pencil. If you arrive after the scheduled start time you will NOT be permitted to take the exam at that time.
If you have any questions about the World Languages Placement exam, please contact Professor John B. Davis by e-mail at email@example.com.