BASIC SUPERVISION ONLINE
- David Eastman | MS, Indiana University; experienced trainer and instructor
Basic Supervision Certificate Online
Adaptable to the needs of many organizations, this online series is designed for first-line or mid-level managers or for those making the transition into management. You will learn to lead and motivate more effectively, build better relationships through mutual understanding, enhance work-related communication, and increase your own and your organization's level of excellence. Instruction will be provided entirely online, in a self-paced yet thorough analysis of these concepts.
This course is designed to help you develop the core knowledge and skills needed to supervise employees. Whether you are already a supervisor or hoping to be one someday, this course will provide you with information, tools, and ideas that will help you do a great job.
After completing this course, you will be able to
- identify typical responsibilities of supervisors and recognize how to get started in a supervisory job.
- recognize ways to heighten employee commitment and cooperation.
- apply knowledge about personality preference and type dynamics to facilitate communcation in business situations.
- develop your own leadership skills and help employees develop theirs.
- speak assertively in business situations, especially when giving feedback to employees.
- listen actively to others and avoid becoming defensive in the face of criticism.
- use tools to more effectively solve problems and make decisions.
- set and achieve personal and work goals.
- help yourself and others better cope with change in the workplace.
Unit 1: Understanding Others
Unit 2: Becoming a Leader
Unit 3: Communicating Effectively
Unit 4: Solving Problems and Making Decisions
Unit 5: Setting Goals and Managing Change
10 hours; 1 CEU
June 11 | must be completed within 12 weeks [register online]
Classes begin Classes begin Jul. 9, Aug. 13, Sept. 10, Oct. 8, Nov. 12, Dec. 10 | must be completed within 12 weeks [online registration coming soon | call 574-520-4261 for information]