- Charles Hobson, PhD :: Purdue University professor, management, Indiana University Northwest; over 20 years of training, consulting, and management development
- Mike Nicholas, SPHR :: Director of Human Resources, Bethel College
- Cathy Simon :: product development team member and instructor, Work One
- Paula Wood, SPHR :: human resources manager, Postle Aluminum Company; completed 30-hour OSHA training course
This course will explore contemporary concepts and techniques essential to managing corporate human resources.
- employment law
- performance management
It is designed for early human resource professionals, those exploring human resources as a career field, line managers with human resource responsibilities, and human resource professionals whose experience has been in a single area such as staffing or benefits.
Instructor :: Mike Nicholas
10 hours :: 1.0 CEU
Explore effective company plans that include insurance and retirement plans, leave policies, promotion opportunities and more. Learn all aspects of total compensation including costing and wage influencers, legal aspects, job analysis and evaluation, salary surveys and market pricing, benefit administration and more.
Instructor :: Paula Wood
20 hours :: 6-8:30 p.m. 2.0 CEUs
Develop an awareness of effective practices and trends in participative managment. Learn how to shape and measure attitudes, coaching and counseling techniques, orientation methods, training and development programs, performance appraisals and labor relations.
Instructor :: Cathy Simon
20 hours; 2.0 CEUs
The field of ergonomics explores ways to understand and improve human capabilities in their interaction with machines and their environment. Looking to reduce your company’s musculoskeletal workers’ compensation claims? Pain at your computer work station?
This class offers ::
- the advantages of proper ergonomics in the workplace
- practical applications of setting up the computer work station
- exercises to reduce repetitive motion injuries
- case studies
At the end of the class session you will be able to design computer work stations to ensure safety and health using ergo-friendly positions and equipment to enhance productivity and performance at the computer work station.
Instructor :: Ann Lesar, R.N.
3 hours :: 0.3 CEU
Ensure your organization has an effective sexual harassment prevention program based upon EEOC guidelines. Workshop uses self-assessment, workplace scenarios, behavior science research, model policies, and federal court decisions to give you a comprehensive legal framework from which to determine your own program. Topics include roles of supervisors and managers in dealing effectively with workplace sexual harassment, underlying psychological issues, consequences and impact, and fundamental rights and responsibilities.
Instructor :: Charles Hobson
3.5 hours :: 0.35 CEU