- Janine Andrysiak | MSA, University of Notre Dame; Experienced grant writer and fund raiser
- Kristi Bly | B.S., North Central College; lifestyle coach, speaker, writer, and entrepreneur with Evolving Paths
- Charles Hobson, PhD | Purdue University professor, management, Indiana University Northwest; over 20 years of training, consulting, and management development
- Leigh Ann Jacobson | M.A., Arcadia University; Fundraising executive, lecturer, and writer; 15 years of fundraising and nonprofit management experience in higher education, independent schools, and social services.
A great introduction for those new to the field!
The Fundamentals of Fundraising course provides new fundraisers with an introduction into the building blocks of effective practice. This 12-hour course addresses the real world needs and challenges non-profit organizations face every day. In addition, the course features small group projects making the learning experience both substantive and enjoyable.
- Fundraising Overview
- Importance of Data Capturing and Integrity
- Developing an Integrated Fundraising Program
- Cultivating and Stewarding Donors
- Securing the Gift, and Managing Volunteers
Instructor | Leigh Ann Jacobson
12 hours | 1.2 CEUs
Thurs., Fri. | May 8-9 | 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
South Bend [register online]
Give-to-Get employee volunteering, also called Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), invigorates corporate public relations by effectively raising the bar for the community. There is no downside to people learning to find a positive voice that works in service and contributes to the greater good.
Participants will learn
- How to engage a community as a whole for mentoring youth
- How better communication fosters safer communities
- How to liberate people to their best contribution
- How differences can be the vehicle for growth
- How to understand that community involvement comes with public relations benefits
Community Involvement can lead to better businesses, safer communities and better-focused youth.
Instructor | Kristi Bly
3 hours | 0.3 CEU
Thurs. | Mar. 6 | 9 a.m.-noon
In this introductory course learn the fundamental principles you need to develop successful grant proposals.
- how to identify funding sources
- how to develop a case for support
- what are proposal components
- how to prepare a budget
- how to explain objectives, writing styles and format, and grant administration.
Instructor | Janine Andrysiak
12 hours | 1.2 CEUs
6 Wed. | Feb. 5-Mar. 12 | 6-8 p.m.