Who Is Your Financial Aid Counselor?
|First Letter of Your Last Name||
Financial Aid Counselor
Cathy Buckman, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Enrollment Services and Interm Director of Financial Aid
Cynthia Lang, Associate Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Malissa Ayala, Assistant Director of Financial Aid and Scholarships
Kathrine Miller, Financial Aid Administrator
Cheryl Stuart, Financial Aid Administrator
|N-Z||Koren Scott, Financial Aid Administrator
1 574 520 4357, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates You Need to Know
January 1st of your Senior Year
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- IU South Bend Federal School Code: 001816
By March 1st of your Senior Year
- Complete the IU South Bend admission process.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Your FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processor by March 1st to be considered an on-time application. Because of limited funding some aid sources will not be available in the FAFSA was not on-time. Use estimated information if you have not yet filed your taxes.
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application (OSA) to be eligibile for more than 200 scholarships offered by the IU foundation.
Mid April of your Senior Year
- Receive your financial aid award notification.
- Complete your IU South Bend Housing application (if necessary).
May 1st of your Senior Year
- College choice deadline.
June – July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Determine the necessity of borrowing Federal Parent PLUS Loans and/or Private Student Loans. See the Office of Financial Aid Loans website for more information about loan options
Mid June before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Summer Orientation sessions begin. Visit the IU South Bend New Student Orientation page for the schedule and to make a reservation.
- Setup and familiarize yourself with your IU OneStart account and IU South Bend email address. For assistance, contact the IU South Bend Gateway at (574) 520-5005 or email email@example.com.
Late July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Freshmen who have been awarded Federal Direct Stafford loans should complete their Master Promissory Note.
- Summer Orientation sessions end.
August 10th of your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Bursar bill for fall tuition, fees, and housing is due. Visit the Bursar Office for billing and payment information.
August 26th of your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Fall semester classes begin.
IU Finish in Four Initiative: The Finish in Four On-Time Completion Award is a pilot program created to provide an incentive for students to graduate in four years. After all, sticking to a four-year plan is one of the easiest ways to minimize tuition costs and student debt. It's also a great way to get a jumpstart on your career, increasing your earning power and job opportunities.
- Attend Indiana University all four years.
- Achieve a junior (60 hours after two years) or senior (90 hours after three years) status on schedule.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions. We are here to help you!