Who Is Your Financial Aid Counselor?
First Letter of Your Last Name Financial Aid Counselor
A-G Emily Hoover, email@example.com
H-M Corey Long, firstname.lastname@example.org
N-O Teresa Berger, email@example.com
P-Q Cyndi Lang, firstname.lastname@example.org
R-V Kathrine Miller, email@example.com
W-Z Jill Bertrand, firstname.lastname@example.org
To make an appointment call 574-520-4357.
Dates You Need to Know
October 1st of your Senior Year
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- IU South Bend Federal School Code: 001816
By March 10th of your Senior Year
- Complete the IU South Bend admission process.
- File your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Your FAFSA must be received by the Federal Processor by March 10th to be considered an on-time application. Because of limited funding some aid sources will not be available in the FAFSA was not on-time. Use estimated information if you have not yet filed your taxes.
- Complete the Online Scholarship Application (OSA) to be eligibile for more than 200 scholarships offered by the IU foundation.
Mid April of your Senior Year
- Receive your financial aid award notification.
- Complete your IU South Bend Housing application (if necessary).
May 1st of your Senior Year
- College choice deadline.
June – July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Determine the necessity of borrowing Federal Parent PLUS Loans and/or Private Student Loans. See the our loan page for more information about loan options.
Mid June before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Summer Orientation sessions begin. Visit the IU South Bend New Student Orientation page for the schedule and to make a reservation.
- Setup and familiarize yourself with your IU One account and IU South Bend email address. For assistance, contact the IU South Bend Gateway at (574) 520-5005 or email email@example.com.
Late July before your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Freshmen who have been awarded and have accepted a Federal Direct loans should complete their Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling.
- Summer Orientation sessions end.
August of your Freshman Year at IU South Bend
- Bursar bill for fall tuition, fees, and housing is due. Visit the Office of the Bursar site for billing and payment information.
- Fall semester classes begin. Visit the Office of the Registrar's site to view the semester calendar.
IU Finish in Four Initiative: The Finish in Four On-Time Completion Award is a pilot program created to provide an incentive for students to graduate in four years. After all, sticking to a four-year plan is one of the easiest ways to minimize tuition costs and student debt. It's also a great way to get a jumpstart on your career, increasing your earning power and job opportunities.
- Attend Indiana University all four years.
- Achieve a junior (60 hours after two years) or senior (90 hours after three years) status on schedule.
Contact the Office of Financial Aid if you have any questions. We are here to help you!