The General Education Curriculum
The campus-wide general education curriculum is composed of three elements and requires a total of between 33 and 39 credit hours of course work.
- Fundamental Literacies Courses (13-19 cr.)
- Common Core Courses (12 cr.)
- Contemporary Social Values Courses (8 cr.)
All courses certified as meeting the campus-wide general education requirements for the areas listed below will be designated appropriately in the Schedule of Classes , with the exception of the required course in writing, ENG-W 131 Reading, Writing, and Inquiry I or ENG-W 140 Reading, Writing, and Inquiry I-Honors.
(All courses are 3 cr. hours unless otherwise designated.)
One course from each of the following seven areas, as designated in the Schedule of Classes.
One course from each of the following four areas, as designated in the Schedule of Classes , at least one of which must be completed at the 300-level. Note that 300-level Common Core courses may have as prerequisite the completion of one or more of the Fundamental Literacies requirements, and in some cases other prerequisites may also apply. These courses are offered under disciplinary codes.
- The Natural World: N 190; N 390
- Human Behavior and Social Institutions: B 190; B 399
- Literary and Intellectual Traditions: T 190; T 390
- Art, Aesthetics, and Creativity: A 190; A 399
One course from each of the following three areas, as designated in the Schedule of Classes .