The Office of Housing and Residence Life is pleased to offer the opportunity to reserve the Great Room, Study Room A and/or Study Room B for use in our Community Building located at River Crossing housing complex. This opportunity is extended to all faculty, staff, administrators and student organizations at Indiana University South Bend. For any student organization registered with the Student Government Association and Student Activities Center, who is in good standing, you may request space in our Community Center.
The following are our policies in reserving the Great Room, Study Room A and/or Study Room B. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at ext. 5805 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All room reservations are at the discretion of the Office of Housing and Residence Life and Community Council who may restrict or deny reservations for reasons that they believe to be in the best interest of the Community Building.
- All rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-serve basis by completing and submitting the form below.
- This reservation form must be submitted prior (at least 7 days) to each function you plan to hold.
- No “standing” reservations will be accommodated for an entire semester without written consent from Director of Housing and Residence life or designee. Any weekly events must be requested with this form and submitted each week.
- If the event is scheduled to exceed 2 hours, approval may be granted on a case by case basis.
- An e-mail confirmation from the Office of Housing and Residence Life will be sent to you within 2 business day from receipt of the properly completed form. Please allow an extra day if submitted on the weekend.
- If serving food or beverages, be sure to clean and dispose of all trash following the event.
- The event host is responsible for making sure that the room has been cleaned following the event, and that the chairs, tables, couches, etc. have been returned to their original positions. Failure to clean the room after use or violations of any University or Housing policies during the event may result in fines and/or loss of reservation privileges.
- If your event requires special set-up or additional tables and chairs, please contact Maureen Muldoon, Special Events Coordinator at 574-520-5111 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
- Please review in detail the Special Events Manual which will provide further assistance on specific guidelines and policies required for scheduling and presenting an organized event on campus.
- All Housing and Residence Life facilities, include the Community Building are drug and alcohol-free areas.
Please note that the Community Center hours are listed below. If your event is outside the hours listed below, you must schedule an appointment to meet with either the Director/Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life to further discuss the details of the event.
Community Center Hours of Operations (Academic Year)
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 12 midnight
Saturday and Sunday: 12 noon – 12 midnight
Community Center Hours of Operations (Summer Hours)
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 5 pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed