students sitting outside on the patio talking

Room Change Process

University-initiated room change: The University reserves the right to make changes in room assignments for disciplinary reasons, catastrophe, closing of facility, or irresolvable roommate incompatibility.

Resident-initiated changes: Room change requests are accepted after the third week of each semester through the tenth week of the semester. Residents are limited to one room change per semester.

Residents requesting a room change should contact the Assistant Director of Housing and Residence Life in the Community Building. The responsibility for working out details of a resident-initiated room change rests with the resident(s) requesting the change via a  Room Change Form.

Residents must have a roommate agreement on file and be in good financial and disciplinary standing with the University and the Office of Housing and Residence Life to be eligible for room changes. Room change requests are considered individually based on circumstances and available space. Room change requests cannot be guaranteed.

Resident-initiated room changes are subject to approval by Housing and Residential Life staff. An administrative charge will be assessed for resident-initiated room changes.

Changes in suite-type that result in a partial refund or charge will be credited or billed to the student’s Bursar account.

Unauthorized room changes will result in an administrative fine.

Residents can access a room change form by clicking here or the front desk of the community building.