Resources and Forms

The following forms are available to all residential students in housing:


  • This form is completed by each resident within an apartment.  This agreement is intended to allow all residents of a particualr apartment the opportunity to discuss potential issues and develop compromises for common space in your apartment.  As you complete this form, we ask that you be as specific as possible in order to avoid disagreements in the future.  Once completed, your RA will sign it and provide a copy for the apartment.  Please note that this form is a work in progress, and can be revisited at any time.


  • The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (F.E.R.P.A) is a Federal law that protect the privacy of students educaiton records.  These records include grades, judicial sanctions, financial records and other personal information.  Housing and Residence Life offers students the option to release their information to approved persons for the purpise of discussing issues or incidents of conflict, behavior, crisis, etc., which occurs in the residential area.


  • We understand that as a residential students finding that good match is a work in progress.  Housing and Residence Life offers students the opportunity to change their bedroom or apartment with this form.  if you are interested in changing your bedroom in your present apartment or moving to another apartment in your house or another house, please complete this form and submit to the Office of Housing and Residence Life.  If you have any questions concerning this form, please e-mail or call 574-520-5800.


  • The Office of Housing and Residence Life application and contract is for an entire academic year, August to May (or spring semester if applying for spring only).  You may request a release from your housing contract and a waiver of the cancellation fee.  Please note that your request must be supported by documentation in order to be granted.  if you have any questions concerning this form, please email or call 574-520-5800.


  • This item is for residential students who experience issues or concerns with items in their apartment.  In cases where you are expereince an emergency, please contact the Office of Housing and Residence Life at 574-520-5800/5805 or after business hours or weekends, please contact the RA on Duty at 574-904-7718.
  • For non-emergency request, please send a detail e-mail to FIXIT.


  • Housing and Residence Life is pleased to offer the opportunity to reserve the Great Room, Study Room A and/or Study Room B for use in our Community Building located at River Crossing student housing complex.  This opportunity is extended to all faculty, staff administrators and student organizations (must be registered with Student Government and Student Activities Office and be in good standing) at Indiana University South Bend.