Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in the most enjoyable and friendly atmosphere possible. In pursuing this mission we work hard to attract the most highly qualified faculty to our program. Our faculty play an essential role in our ability to develop and maintain a high quality informatics program at IUSB. Accordingly, we seek to attract faculty with strong applied research potential, instructional ability and communication skills necessary for the mutual benefit of the university, business, scientific and engineering communities. Our goal is to bridge the gap between theories and concepts presented in the classroom and real life business and industry needs and practices.
We have charted a course to develop and refine many exciting and challenging projects over the next five years. Some of these are given below:
- Development of a masters program in Informatics.
- Refinement of the B.S. program in Informatics.
- Refinement of our joint programs with other departments of IUSB to offer specialized cognates and minor study tracks.
In addition to the above, we will continue to
- Improve our teaching and research environment for our students and faculty, and aggressively recruit the best and brightest faculty to our department.
- Continue to develop and improve our laboratory facilities.
- Expand our community outreach program.
- Mentor our students and support their learning, research and creative activities.