Student’s Right to Appeal
A student has the right to appeal any of the following decisions concerning an alleged act of academic misconduct:
- The faculty member’s decision that the student committed the act of misconduct
- The faculty member’s decision to impose a particular academic sanction
- The decision of the dean of students to impose an additional sanction
The Appeal Process
A student is required to follow the following steps to initiate the appeal process:
- Submit a written notice to the dean or director of the school or unit within which the alleged offense occurred within seven (7) calendar days after receiving a written report from the faculty member concerning the decision.
- The student has the burden of proving that the decision is not supported by clear and convincing evidence contained in the record or that a procedural irregularity deprived the student of due process.