Faculty / Staff Positions:
Part-time Community Engagement Librarian (hourly position; $25.00/hours with some flexibility in schedule)
IU South Bend Libraries seeks an innovative, enthusiastic, and user-oriented librarian to develop and promote library services, events, programs and collections to the larger community. This part-time position will also forge new community partnerships, assist with grant writing, and contribute to fundraising initiatives. Along with the outreach duties, the Community Engagement Librarian will participate in reference, instruction and collection development/faculty liaison services. Specific duties:
Public Relations and Outreach
- Strengthen community outreach and publicity efforts.
- Coordinate special events, displays and programs outside of annual Speaker Series in conjunction with Library Administration.
- Develop new promotional materials and approaches.
- Work closely with Head of Public Relations and Outreach in other promotional and marketing activities including newsletters, events, etc.
- Contributes to fundraising initiatives and grant proposals.
- Provide weekly reference assistance (in-person, via phone, and chat), serving on the on-call and weekend rotations.
- Teach required one-credit Information Literacy Courses (Q110).
- Provide subject specific library instruction and research consultations.
- Attend relevant meetings.
- Serve as the subject library liaison to one or more academic disciplines, which includes collection development, faculty communication and subject specific instruction/consultations.
Requirements: MLS from an accredited ALA school; Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred: Library or classroom instruction experience; Experience with publicity, outreach and fundraising; Graphic design experience using desktop publishing and image editing software
Applications: Interested persons should send a current resume, the names and addresses of at least three references, and a cover letter addressing their qualifications by June 15, 2015, to: Linda Fisher, email@example.com, Director of Research/Instruction/Outreach, Schurz LibraryStudent Positions:
The Library accepts applications year round for student assistant positions. Applications are kept on file for one semester only; applications need to be re-submitted each semester. While staffing needs change throughout the year, department supervisors frequently interview and/or hire the month prior to the start of any given semester when/if there are open positions.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution.
Last Reviewed: 05/2015