Faculty / Staff Positions:
Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons (WERC) Assistant Supervisor (SS0D)
Assists the WERC supervisor with the operation, management, and provision of services in the Wiekamp Educational Resource Commons (WERC), a curriculum library and production center serving the School of Education, other IU South Bend departments, and community educators/parents. Helps users locate, use and checkout K-12 curriculum and juvenile materials as well as create visual aids using media production equipment. Manages the wide format printing service, maintains web pages and social media sites, and provides computer assistance. May be required to work variable schedule to ensure needed staffing.
- Some college coursework or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience working in a library or educational setting highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and listening skills; minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Experience using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and other applications.
- Skilled at operating computers (PCs and Macs), large format poster printers, scanners, and other technologies.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, determine priorities, and remain calm while working through difficult situations. Willingness to learn and apply new technologies and software.
- Ability to create graphics, videos, and websites highly desirable.
Deadline for application is August 30, 2015.
For the full position description and application, go to: https://jobs.iu.edu.Student Positions:
The Library accepts applications year round for student assistant positions. Applications are kept on file for one semester only; applications need to be re-submitted each semester. While staffing needs change throughout the year, department supervisors frequently interview and/or hire the month prior to the start of any given semester when/if there are open positions.
Indiana University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution.
Last Reviewed: 08/2015