Hungry or Thirsty?
The library allows food and beverages (in containers with lids) inside the library. However, no food or drinks are allowed in the Hammes Information Commons computer lab.
If you find yourself getting hungry or thirsty, consider these options:
- Hammes Media Commons and Café: Coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for only $1.60. Prepaid coffee cards are an even better value as each drink is then $1.25 each. The Cafe also offers a microwave if you need to heat up your lunch. We do not provide utensils, so please bring your own!
- Vending Machines: Vending machines are available at the base of the library stairs to the tunnel connecting the library to Northside Hall. Also, additional vending machines are located by Northside Hall's lounge at the end of the tunnel.
- Dining Services: IU South Bend's Dining Services offers three locations on campus (Grille, SAC, Northside Café). Check out their website for hours of operation.
- Local eateries located nearby:
- Mishawaka Ave - Farmer's Market, Bruno's Pizza, Allie's Café, China House
- Ironwood - Martin's Deli
- Lincolnway West - Subway, Taco Bell, KFC, Bonnie Doon's, McDonalds, Dairy Queen, Arby's