Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) Reciprocal Borrowing Program
- The Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI) agree to extend in-person borrowing privileges to faculty, staff, and students of member institutions. This is a cooperative onsite borrowing agreement among the participating members of ALI.
- To participate, the borrower needs a signed ALI Borrowers Card from the home institution library, campus identification, and a photo ID with a current address, such as a driver's license.
Eligibility: Faculty, Staff, Students
- Currently employed faculty, staff and currently enrolled students in good standing may be granted borrowing privileges at participating libraries by obtaining a signed ALI Borrowers Card from the home library. The home library has final authority to issue or deny this privilege and determines the expiration date on the ALI Borrowers Card.
- The library staff member issuing the ALI Borrowers Card will verify eligibility and make certain that the borrower's home library account is not delinquent.
Instructions for IUSB Students, Faculty and Staff
- Bring your ID card to the Circulation Desk.
- Fill out application form. (Also available at Circulation Desk)
- You will be given an "ALI" card, which must be shown at the Indiana Academic University or College library where you wish to borrow books.
- To obtain a borrower's card at IU, you must apply in person.
- You must present the "ALI" card you obtained from your home institution's library and a picture ID.
Materials Available for Onsite Loan
- Borrowing privileges are determined by each lending (host) library which may provide shorter or different loan periods from those available at the individual's home library. Other restrictions may also apply.
- Borrowers are subject to the rules and regulations of the lending library and are responsible for knowing and observing these rules.
- Borrowers must present the lending library with a valid, current ALI Borrowers Card issued by the home institution, campus identification, and a photo ID with a current address. Some lending libraries may issue an additional borrowers card.
- Borrowers are responsible for the safe and timely return of materials to the lending library. Borrowers may return items via their home institution's INFO Express courier service, but they are responsible for any overdue charges incurred.
- Borrowers should report lost or damaged materials to the library from which the item was borrowed.
- Borrowers are responsible for all financial obligations incurred at the lending library. Failure to receive notification does not absolve borrowers of library obligations.
- Borrowers are responsible for supplying a current mailing address to the lending library.
At the IUSB libraries, ALI card carriers will receive the same privileges as Indiana residents.
Last Reviewed: 06/2015