Be a Mentor
In the race to a degree...Get a headstart
Become a Mentor in the Relay Program!
Interested in becoming a mentor in the Relay program next year? If so, please print out and complete our mentor application or stop by the Office of Student Services to pick one up.
For more information on what it means to be a mentor in the Relay program, check out the mentor position description here.
Some of the benefits to being a mentor include:
- Opportunity to help new students succeed in college
- Great leadership experience that will look good on résumés
- Campus networking opportunities
- Gain experience as a higher education student professional
- Community service involvement opportunities
- $1200 Scholarship
- Academically sound
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to effectively engage students
- Comfortable leading small groups/being center of attention
- Work well in a team setting
- Sincere desire to be personally involved with a group of students to help them achieve personal and academic goals
- Sensitivity to persons of different educational, economic, cultural, or racial backgrounds