A top-rated regional program for leaders in a health care environment
IU South Bend's Master of Public Affairs Health Systems Administration and Policy program prepares you for a career in health services planning, policy, evaluation, administration, or consulting. It is a program designed to benefit those new to public health care administration as well as mid-career professionals seeking to enhance and update their skills. Students gain the tools to understand both the immediate concerns surrounding the delivery of health care services and the broader economic, political, and social factors that impact health outcomes on a larger scale.
- Complete your MPA graduate degree in as little as 2 years through convenient weekday evening classes and hybrid online learning opportunities.
- Earn a master's degree in a growing field with excellent career potential.
- Gain an excellent master's degree education at an affordable public universityprice.
- Take 27 credit hours of core requirements and electives supplemented with 12 hours of health systems management andpolicy course work to complete your degree.
MPA health systems administration and policy program highlights
- Study with professors who hold the highest degree in their field and who regularly present their ideas at conferences and through professional publications.
- Learn from visiting health care professionals from the public sector who share their insights into challenges encountered in the public health field.
- Get to know your professors well by attending small classes that typically include just 15-20 students.
- Consider using the mid-career credit option to earn from 1-6 graduate credit hours for your experience in the area of health care administration and policy.
- Complete a comprehensive capstone project that incorporates the scope of your master’s education in lieu of writing a master’s thesis.
Interesting MPA – Health Care courses you may take
Health Care Delivery Policy Issues – Become acquainted with the main characteristics of health care policy. Explore the complexities of the United States health care delivery system and its policy perspectives.
Politics of Managing Health Services Organizations – Gain an overview of organization and operational management of major institutions of health care delivery.
Financial Management for Public Affairs – Discuss financial planning and analysis in managerial control and decision making in various types of health care organizations.
Career Outlook for Medical and Health Services Managers
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, professionals in the field of medical and health services management can expect job growth of 16 percent over the current decade, which is much faster growth than the average for all occupations. As public facilities strive to improve quality and efficiency while controlling costs, demand for well reasoned, practical policies will increase, enhancing career opportunities for those who hold a master’s degree in public administration. For more information, go to < http://stats.bls.gov/oco/ocos014.htm#outlook.