Leighton School Hosting 14th Entrepreneur Lecture Series
Indiana University South Bend’s Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics is presenting its 14th Annual Entrepreneur Lecture Series for fall 2015, sponsored by Lake City Bank. The presentation includes 10 lectures presented by local business leaders.
Starting on September 10 and running weekly through November 12, each lecture will take place on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. in Wiekamp Hall, Room 1001. All lectures are free and open to the public. Parking is available in the adjacent garage on Mishawaka Avenue and 20th Street.
The Entrepreneur Lecture Series is part of the Entrepreneurship Program at IU South Bend. It features carefully selected speakers with personal stories of entrepreneurial success. This year’s theme is “Entrepreneurs: Shaping Our Future.”
The schedule for the Fourteenth Annual Entrepreneur Lecture Series:
- September 10 – “The Product is You” presented by Perry Watson III, President – Lexus of Mishawaka
- September 17 – “Lessons for Would-Be Entrepreneurs” presented by Amish Shah, President – Kem Krest
- September 24 – “Play to Your Strengths” presented by Charles Florance, President – Indiana Whiskey
- October 1 – “Big Data…What Does it Mean for Entrepreneurs?” presented by Rich Carlton, President & COO – Data Realty
- October 8 – “The Politics of Eating” presented by Rob Bartels Jr., President & CEO – Martin’s Super Markets
- October 15 – “Second or Third Act: What is Next for You?” presented by Mickey Hay, Ph.D. – Thriving in the Third Act
- October 22 – “If You Build It, They Will Come” presented by David Matthews, Founder – Matthews, LLC
- October 29 – “Sweat Equity, Perseverance & Luck: Growing from Local to a Fortune 500 Customer Base” presented by Alice Poseley, President – TouchTronics
- November 5 – “Expanding Concepts: From Burritos to Pasta” presented by Tammy Boetsma, CEO – HMR Acquisitions Co., Inc. the parent company of Hacienda Mexican Restaurants, LaSenorita Mexican Restaurants and a new concept developed in-house, BarBici Italian Street Food
- November 12 – “Becoming Bankable” presented by Mike Kubacki, Executive Chairman – Lake City Bank
For more information on the Entrepreneur Lecture Series, please contact: Christine Pochert Ringle at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mark Fox at email@example.com.