Harriet J. Dodd Nursing Scholarship
The Harriet J. Dodd Nursing Scholarship was established by Dr. Dodd in honor of his wife. Recipients are carefully selected based on academic achievements, financial need, and recommendations. The scholarships, which may be used for tuition, books, bookstore supplies and child care at the IU South Bend Day Care Center, are available to:
- Students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at IU South Bend.
- Students must remain in good academic standing.
The application criteria for the Harriet J. Dodd Nursing Scholarship are as follows:
- Regular admission to Indiana University
- Enrollment in the BSN program as outlined above
- Cumulative grade point average at Indiana University credit hours of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit one supporting letter of recommendation from a college faculty member.
- Submit application by deadline of May 15th
Please have your letter of recommendation and application sent to:
Scholarship Committee, c/o Student Services NS452
Indiana University South Bend, School of Nursing
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
P.O. Box 7111
South Bend IN 46634-7111
If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. Please contact Janet Gilroy, Director of Student Services, College of Health Sciences, Northside Hall 456B or by telephone at (574) 520-4571.