John O'Connor Nursing Scholarship
The John O'Connor Nursing Scholarship was established in 2000 by the estate of John O'Connor. Recipients are carefully selected based on academic achievements, financial need, work experience and recommendations. The scholarships, which may be used for tuition, books, bookstore supplies and child care at the IU South Bend Day Care Center, are available to:
- Women students pursuing a degree in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at IU South Bend.
- Indiana residents only.
The application criteria for the John O'Connor Nursing Scholarship are as follows:
- Regular admission to Indiana University
- Enrollment in the pre- BSN or BSN programs
- Cumulative grade point average in Indiana University credit hours of 3.0 or above
- Demonstrate financial need
- Submit one supporting letter of recommendation from a college faculty member (for continuing students) or a high school science teacher (for high school seniors only)
- Submit application by deadline of May 15th for continuing students, and June 1st for incoming freshmen.
Please have your letter of recommendation and application sent to:
Scholarship Committee, c/o Student Services NS452
Indiana University South Bend/School of Nursing
1700 Mishawaka Avenue
P.O. Box 7111
South Bend IN 46634-7111
If you have a disability and need assistance, special arrangements can be made to accommodate most needs. Please contact Janet Gilroy, Director of Student Services, College of Health Sciences, Northside Hall 456B or by telephone at (574) 520-4571.