Welcome to Indiana University South Bend!
Indiana University (IU) South Bend has a long tradition of welcoming students from around the world to our learning community.
We are just 90 miles (145 km) east of Chicago, Illinois and well‑connected by interstate highways, air, rail, and bus lines to the rest of the world! Situated on the banks of the St. Joseph River, the South Bend area offers the personal warmth and security of a smaller community, as well as recreational facilities, performing arts venues, museums, libraries, and five universities and colleges.
- More than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs
- Award-winning faculty, an Honors Program, and strong support for achieving academic success
- Generous scholarship packages and other financial assistance
- On-campus suite-style housing that features themed communities and a community garden; on-campus dining
- A rich student life with varsity sports (NAIA Division II), student clubs, community service opportunities, and an exciting variety of open lectures, performances, and concerts
- Access to a wealth of resources, including the IU Libraries, one of the leading academic research library systems in North America.
- Cutting edge research, clinical, and performance spaces
- On-site and field research opportunities with funding
- Assistance with the job search and career formation
- More than 70 Study Abroad programs
- 27,000 alumni throughout the U.S. and in more than 60 countries
- Supportive Office of International Student Services
Apply online, review our application requirements and see our academic courses.
Phone: 01 (574) 520-4419