Personal Attention. The Power of an IU Degree
Indiana University South Bend is the third largest campus in the Indiana University system. We’re a university grounded in academic excellence that also offers the full collegiate experience.
Nestled along the St. Joseph River, the IU South Bend campus includes:
- Award-winning faculty, an Honors Program, and strong support for achieving academic success
- On-campus dining and suite-style housing that features themed communities and a community garden
- A rich student life with varsity sports (NAIA), student clubs, community service opportunities, and an exciting variety of open lectures, performances, and concerts
- Access to a wealth of resources, including the IU Libraries, one of the leading academic research library systems in North America. Cutting edge research, clinical and performance spaces
- On-site and field research opportunities with funding
- More than 70 Study Abroad programs
- 27,000 alumni throughout the U.S. and in more than 60 countries
Because we’re public, we’re more affordable than many colleges. In addition, IU South Bend offers scholarships, grants, on-campus employment and international student scholarships to further lower your costs to attend.
IU South Bend has about 8,500 students and a 15:1 student to professor ratio, so you can be confident your professors will get to know you by name and take a personal interest in your academic progress.
Professors, not teaching assistants, conduct our classes, although many professors use students to help in their research projects.
For a well-rounded education that provides the benefits of a public university and the close-knit learning environment of a private institution, choose IU South Bend for your college and graduate education.
For more information about our international student programs and support services, please click on the links below.