Costs and Fees

The estimated expenses for one year of study at IUSB are listed below. Travel expenses to IUSB, the cost of summer session tuition, and the cost of holiday travel are not included in Miscellaneous Expenses.

The estimated expenses for 2015–2016 are listed below (Start date of Fall 2015 and Spring and Summer 2016):

PDF Version  Word Version
Undergraduate Student Expenses   Undergraduate Student Expenses
Graduate Social Work Student Expenses   Graduate Social Work Student Expenses
Graduate Business Student Expenses   Graduate Business Student Expenses
Graduate Nursing Student Expenses Graduate Nursing Student Expenses
Graduate Non-Business Student Expenses Graduate Non-Business Student Expenses

Financial Documentation for F-1 Students  

Students seeking F-1 status are required by federal regulation to demonstrate that sufficient funds are available to cover the estimated cost for one year of tuition, fees, room, board, and miscellaneous expenses (insurance, local travel, etc.). Of course, students must be able to draw upon a reliable source of funding for the duration of study, as well. Indiana University South Bend may not issue an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility initially or for transfer until students are able to provide documentation of adequate financial support.

Students and their sponsors must also complete the Declaration of Financial Support form. This form may be mailed, faxed (574-520-4590), or emailed to the OISS (, together with financial documentation.
Declaration of Financial Support
OISS will accept the following forms of financial documentation, which should be no more than 12 months old:

  • Bank statements indicating required currency amount
  • Investment statements indicating liquid assets
  • Scholarship letters
  • Lines of credit
  • Governmental funding

The following documentation will not be accepted:

  • Chartered accountant statements
  • Payroll reports/expected income
  • Tax statements
  • Property assessments
  • Credit cards
  • Bank statements lacking currency amounts
  • Other statements of non-liquid assets

Scholarship Information