Letter of SSN Ineligibility

To obtain a letter of ineligibility bring the following items to the Social Security Office.

  • Passport with I-94
  • I-20 or DS-2019
  • IUSB Student ID Card

    At Social Security Office, explain that you are an IUSB student and request a letter of ineligibility to present the Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

    If you have an on-campus position and need a social security card please do not ask for this letter.

    Questions? Please contact the OISS