This page provides information about the immunizations and vaccinations required for international students at Indiana University, as well as a link to the required form. It also discusses the state law requiring all international students to have a tuberculosis test administered in the United States.

Indiana state law requires proof that you have been vaccinated against various diseases. All students, including US citizens, are required to submit this proof of immunization. Please visit the Immunization Policy/Form website, which provides instructions for linking to the online “Immunization Compliance Form” located in OneStart.  Please complete the form and submit it online.  Please note that you will need your Network ID and password in order to access the online immunization form.  Instructions for setting up your Network ID can be found on your admission letter.  Be aware that you may not be able to access the online form for 2–3 days after you initially set up your IU network account.

In addition to the immunizations required by Indiana law, the IU Health Center and many infectious disease authorities recommend that you consider vaccinations against Hepatitis B, meningitis, and chicken pox.  If you are interested, you may receive the vaccine at the Health Center on campus.  For more information, visit the Health Center’s website.

In addition to providing proof of immunizations, there is a law that requires all international students be tested by a US doctor for tuberculosis (TB).  Many of you are coming from countries where tuberculosis is much more common than it is in the US, and you may test positive, or you may already be under some sort of preventative treatment.  However, the law requires that you be tested.  We apologize for this inconvenience and will try to make it as simple for you as possible.

You will need to have your TB blood test done at the IU Health Center shortly after your arrival.  The TB blood test (which costs $60) and any additional follow-up testing will be billed to your bursar account.  However, you may be able to receive reimbursement from your insurance provider.  Please do not bring TB documentation from outside of the United States; it will not be accepted.

Note: If you will be under the age of 18 when you arrive at IU South Bend, you must have a completed “Consent for Medical Treatment of a Minor” form in order to receive your TB bloodtest.  Please access the form here.  You must print the form, have your parent or guardian complete it, and then mail or fax it to the address or fax number indicated on the form.

If you have any questions concerning state and university requirements for immunizations, please contact the Office of the Registrar by email at, by phone at 574-520-4451 in room 148 of the Administration Building.  For complete information concerning immunization requirements at Indiana University, go to the Registrar’s website.