New Student Orientation - December 4, 2015
University Grill, located in the Administration Building (click here for directions to campus)
There will be red and white orientation signs directing you to parking.
8:30a - 9:00a (a light snack will be served)
Welcome Remarks: Dr. Terry Allison, Chancellor
Orientation Overview: Rick Dennie, Director, Student Support
9:20a - 4:00p
Small group sessions for students.
- Incoming students will meet in a small group of no more than 15 students, which will also include a faculty member, academic advisor, and student orientation leader.
- During this time you will learn about the transition into college, academic requirements, and will have the opportunity to connect with fellow students, staff and faculty.
- After lunch, students will reconvene in their small groups and register for their first-semester classes.
9:20a - 4:00p
Concurrent Parent & Guest Session
- Please note that parents and other guests will not remain with students during the New Student Orientation program following the welcome. We feel it is critical for our new students to become familiar with the IU South Bend campus and to meet and interact with other students, faculty, and staff, and register for classes independently of their parents.
- Parents and guests will receive similar information as the students, but targeted specifically for them.
3:30p - 4:00p
Orientation program concludes. Dismissal time may vary depending on how long it takes to complete the registration process.
What to Bring to Orientation
- Your computer account username and passphrase. You will be registering for classes at orientation and will need this to access the online registration system. Please ensure you can access your computer account prior to coming to orientation. If you are unable to access your account, contact our Information Center at (574) 520-5005.
- Dress comfortably and weather appropriate, as we will be outside for part of the time.