As a member of the O-Team, you play a vital role in welcoming new students and parents to campus. We are looking for students who are enthusiastic about IU South Bend, outgoing, knowledgeable about the campus and its services, and eager to share their positive experiences with new students and parents.
What are the responsibilities of an O-Team leader?
O-Team leaders serve as role models to the incoming student population and conduct themselves accordingly. They serve as ambassadors for the campus and portray IU South Bend in a professional manner. O-Team leaders assist in all aspects of new student orientation, including, but not limited to:
- Giving student tours and highlighting various aspects of campus life
- Preparing student and parent materials prior to orientation
- Assisting with presentations to students and/or parents/guests
- Answering questions throughout the day from students and parents
- Providing positive feedback on their own university experiences
- Contacting students prior to orientation to confirm attendance and/or answer questions
- Assisting with set up and tear down prior to and on the day of orientation
Orientation programs are held on Saturday, May 17; Wednesday, June 25; Friday, July 25; and Wednesday, August 13. You need to be available for at least 2 of the 4 programs.
Students are paid $7.25 an hour. O-Team members are compensated for any work associated with orientation, which includes required training sessions on Friday, May 2 and Friday, May 9. O-Team Leader t-shirts and lunch are provided at each orientation.
Applications will for 2014 orientation team leaders are available now and must be submitted by Friday, April 18, 2014.