Orientation Reservations - Incoming Spring 2017 Students
Orientation is a required program for all students new to IU South Bend. Orientation programs will be held on the following:
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016
- Wednesday, January 4, 2017
At orientation, you will receive a comprehensive introduction to the university and all its services. In addition, you will tour the campus, meet with staff and faculty from your academic unit, obtain your picture ID, receive a free student planner, and much more. Parents and guests are welcome to attend. Click here for orientation reservations
8:30a – 9:00a Check-in and continental breakfast
9:00a – Noon Orientation program
12:00p – 12:30p Lunch
12:30p Advising and Registration (if already registered, you are free to go at this time)
Orientation will take place in the University Grill, located in the Administration Building.
Here are the steps for new students in order to register for classes at IU South Bend:
1) Take any required placement exams in English and/or math. If you are not sure if either exam is required, contact the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (574) 520-4839.
2) Register for classes. This can be done one of two ways:
PRIOR to orientation: Click here for advising contact information to set up an appointment to register for classes.
DURING orientation: Click here for orientation reservations
3) Attend Orientation. Students already registered for classes are free to leave after lunch. Those still needing to register will meet with an advisor and register for classes following lunch.
4) Classes begin on Monday, January 9, 2017.